HPE – Assistant Chef vacancy
Assistant chef – Monday to Friday 7.30am to 3.30pm
37.5 hours per week
Crowmarsh Gifford, near Wallingford
Howbery Business Park in Oxfordshire is an award winning business park located at Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford. The Estates team manage a variety of onsite amenities offered to the tenants and visitors of Howbery Park Estates including the onsite provision of hot food, sandwiches and salads. The catering facilities are based in the former manor house set on the banks of the River Thames at Wallingford.
Howbery Park Estates have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chef to join the catering team. Working alongside the Head Chef you will play an integral part of delivering freshly made seasonal food to our tenants and visitors. You will be responsible for supporting the Head Chef and will be required to take full responsibility in the Head Chefs absence with the following (but not limited to)main tasks:
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for tenants and visitors, and provide catering for special occasions and events;
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification;
- Be responsible for the daily monitoring and recording of food and items as required
- Understand the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene;
- Track and monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely;
- Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments;
- Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995;
You will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment and will be positive and flexible in your approach to work. You will be qualified to NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery or equivalent and have at least one years’ experience in a similar role. Howbery Park is keen to support the continuous professional development of all staff.
The hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 3.30pm – 37.5 hours per week (includes ½ hour unpaid lunch per day). Salary is £17,280 per annum with discretionary bonus.
Additional benefits includes a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer contributes 5% if you contribute 3% plus life insurance x3 of your salary. Holiday is 20 days per year increasing to 25 days based on length of service, access to childcare vouchers scheme and a subsidised sports and social club. Staff lunch is also supplied.
To make an application please submit your CV to [email protected]. Please also read our privacy notice before you make an application.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st August 2018.
No agencies please.
Privacy notice for job applicants
Our Privacy notice for job applicants (.pdf) explains how we collect and process the personal data you may provide us when you apply for a job with us through our websites, or by any other means. This notice also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.